Awaken Website Privacy and Cookies Policy
1. Principles of Data Protection
We will comply with data protection law and principles in respect to your personal data, which means that your personal data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for lawful purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely and protected.
Our site may provide links to third party websites. Awaken Intelligence Limited is not responsible for the conduct of ‘non-Awaken’ companies linked to the site and you should refer to the privacy notices of these third parties as to how they may handle your personal information.
2. Personal Data we may collect from you on the website
- If you Request Further Information from us using the website form we will collect the data you provide which is as a minimum First Name, Last name, Email address and telephone number. If you provide it, we will also store your company name and job title.
- If you sign up to our newsletter we will collect the same information as in the Further Information option
- If you email us by clicking one of the links on our Contact or Support pages we will store the email and its contents. The personal information will be the name you have in your email settings, your email address and any information you share in the body of your email, plus some of the usual technical information that all email systems use to deliver your emails
- We use Google analytics and Zoho PageSense to measure the performance and success of our website and to understand how it is used.
We do not currently use any form of web advertising and those systems can set cookies to aid with marketing targeting. In our case as we do not use these technologies.
If we collect data from you on this website the purpose of collecting this data is to:
- Respond to your request for more information
- Subscribe you to our newsletter based on your request
- Enable you to contact us by email
- Analyse the performance and function of this website so we can continually improve it
Cookie Usage on Websites – read more here
awaken.io uses third-party technologies to enhance your browsing experience (videos, web traffic data, etc), these services create their own cookies which we have no access to, if you would like to opt out of these cookies you will have to set your browser appropriately. Awaken.io does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
4. How long we will store your data
By default, we will store your data for 13 months, except for data that has been anonymised in accordance with applicable legislation.
Cookies can be stored on your computer for longer periods
There may be conditions where we store your data for longer i.e. you have subscribed to our newsletter, our business relationship is continuing, or we have a services agreement between us.
5. Legal basis
We will only use your information where we have your consent, or we have another lawful reason for using it. These reasons include where we:
- Need to process the information to comply with a legal obligation;
- Believe the use of your information as described is in the public interest e.g. for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime
6. Use of your data with third parties
Your data may be shared within Awaken Intelligence Limited partner ‘CallScripter Limited’ in order to fulfil your request and provide the best service for you. As a business, Awaken may share your personal data internally and with selected third-parties in the following circumstances:
Third-party service providers.
Your personal data will also be used by us or shared with analytics companies or other third-parties in connection with marketing, promotional, data enrichment and other offers, as well as product information.
Your personal data will be used by us or shared with Awaken subsidiaries for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, your personal data generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, you consent otherwise). If another entity acquires us, our businesses or substantially all or part of our assets, or assets related to Awaken websites, your personal data will be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets.
If we do transfer personal data outside of the EEA, we will make sure that it is protected in the same way as if it was being used in the EEA. We’ll use one of the following safeguards:
- Transfer to a non-EEA Country whose privacy legislation ensures an adequate level of protection of personal data to the EEA one;
- Put in place a contract with the foreign third-party that means they must protect personal data to the same standards as the EEA; or
- Transfer personal data to organisations that are part of specific agreements on cross-border data transfers with the European Union (e.g., Privacy Shield, a framework that sets privacy standards for data sent between the United States and the European countries).
7. Security of your personal information
Awaken Intelligence takes precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse as well as unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We protect electronic data using a variety of measures including:
- Password access
- Data backup
- Placing confidentiality requirements on employees and service providers and providing training to ensure that your personal data in handled correctly.
- Destroying or permanently anonymising personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected
8. Your legal rights in respect of your personal information
You have legal rights in connection with personal information. Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Right to be forgotten enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it and we have no legitimate ground for retaining such information. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal information by us or on our behalf in certain situations.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- The right to data portability: The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: The GDPR provides safeguards for you against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken without human intervention. These rights work in a similar way to existing rights under the DPA. The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with any local Supervisory Authority about how we process your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data (i.e., we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us on the details provided below.
- More detailed information on each of the rights can be found here: ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Awaken Intelligence’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: 12-20 Windham Court, Pritchard Street, Bristol, BS2 8RH.
We recommend that you review this notice periodically, as we may update it from time to time.